BEST Employment Ltd is committed to upholding the rights to privacy protection under the Australian Privacy Principles which regulate how we collect, use, disclose and retain personal information. BEST Employment Ltd is bound by policies and procedures which ensure that only authorised staff have access to personal information, that it remains confidential and is only used for appropriate purposes.
WHY does BEST Employment Ltd collect your personal information?
In order to provide employment or community services, we need to collect personal information once a service user registers to receive a service from BEST Employment Ltd. Collection of personal information will ensure we can deliver a service that is appropriate to your requirements. BEST Employment Ltd will not collect personal information unless this information is necessary for, or directly related to, the organisation’s employment or community service activities.
WhO HAS ACCESS TO Your personal information?
For the purposes set out above, BEST employment Ltd may disclose your personal information to:
- job seekers
- the Department of Human Services
- the Department of Jobs and Small Business
- the Department of Social Services
- the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet.
In limited circumstances, the department may be required to disclose your personal information to third parties, including where:
- BEST Employment Ltd has reasonable grounds to believe that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to your life or that of another person
- the disclosure is required or authorised by, or under law; or for the enforcement of criminal law or of a law imposing a fine
- for the protection of the public revenue
HOW DOES BEST EMPLOYMENT LTD COLLECT your personal information?
BEST Employment Ltd collects personal information via the following methods;
- from each service user during registration
- when service users update their personal details
- when employers provide details of business operations, needs or vacancies
- surveys or questionnaires
- online forms including complaints and feedback forms
- when delivering employment or community services
Information collected as a result of people browsing BEST Employment’s Ltd or other related websites, is used for monitoring and security purposes only. Cookies may be stored on website user’s computer to assist them to use the website. These are not used for any type of tracking purpose outside of the organisation’s website.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION IS BEST EMPLOYMENT LTD COLLECTING?
BEST Employment Ltd does not disclose personal information with overseas recipients. Information collected may include the following:
- Address and contact details (telephone)
- Date of Birth
- Country of birth
- Whether Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- Disability information
- Education details
- Current pay and hours and employer details
- Barriers to employment, including medical information, Police and Child Protection checks when required by law or prescribed
- Previous qualifications
- Employment status
- Job seeking efforts
BEST Employment Ltd is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information. We ensure that all information is stored in accordance with the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles. We take reasonable steps to protect personal information from misuse, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Archived personal information is stored in secured premises for time periods as specified by legislation, regulations or Government contractual obligations.
Clients have the right to complain if they believe there has been a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles. Complaints can be directed to the Site, Regional or Programme manager on FREECALL 1800 660 660. Complaints can also be made using our complaints form available on our website.